"A new commandment I give you: Love one another.
As I have loved you, so you must love one another.”
As a Church of England Academy, Christian teaching and values lie at the heart of all we do at St Bartholomew's. We encourage independence, personal responsibility and good citizenship within a Christian framework, whilst embracing those of all faiths, and of none..
As a Christian learning community, our core values are:
These core values are supported by other Christian values such as truth, wisdom, thankfulness, koinonia, respect, courage and perseverance.
Through all aspects of their experience, the children have opportunities to reflect on these values in turn, exploring what each one means and then learn how to recognise and demonstrate these positive Christian values in everyday life.
Our partnership with the Church is very important to us and we are blessed to have our Vicar, Reverend Jon Taylor and also Reverend Kathryn Fleming on our Governing Body to support our vision, along with other members of the Local Governing Body, ensuring that Christian beliefs are at the heart of the Academy's work.
Find out more about these Christian values at the Christian Values 4 Schools website via our
Preparation for life in modern Britain
At St Bartholomew's C of E Academy we embed British values in every aspect of academy life through our firm foundation in Christian values and distinctive, Christian ethos.
- We share our Christian values such as forgiveness, friendship and trust, using them as our foundation for everyday life in our Academy.
- We work hard to provide equal opportunities in all aspects of Academy life.
- Everyone's opinions are valued and listened to.
- We respect the views of others and are at peace with different beliefs and faiths, recognising not everyone holds the same beliefs and views in our multicultural society.
- Everyone is responsible for promoting this mutual respect and tolerance within our Academy and wider community.
- We all have a responsibility to promote understanding of how rules and laws keep everyone safe.
- We are proud of and value the community we serve.
- We promote understanding of the need for everyone to look after and respect the environment and the people that live in it.