In science will be covering:
- Living Things and Their Habitats
- Animals, including humans
Within ‘Living Things and Their Habitats’, we:
- group organisms according to their characteristics;
- identify the work of Carl Linneaus;
- explain the structure of the classification system;
- explore different types of micro-organisms;
- explain how they can both be helpful and harmful.
Whilst learning about ‘Healthy Bodies’ we:
- Find out how scientific ideas about food and diet were tested in the past and how this has contributed to our knowledge of a balanced diet.
- Investigate different food groups and find out why a variety of foods is important for a healthy diet.
- Investigate how nutrients and oxygen are transported in the human body.
- Investigate what happens to the heart when we exercise and why.
- Investigate how muscles move the skeleton and how this influences blood flow.
- Investigate the effects of an unhealthy lifestyle on the heart.